For those of you looking for early bird experience into the latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow on your Samsung Galaxy Note 4, you will probably have to wait until January or February. But if you have a rooted phone with TWRP recovery and a model that’s supported (such as the SM-N910F or SM-N910G), you can grab the unofficial CM13 ROM to enjoy Marshmallow today!
This particular build of CM13 ROM actually can be used as daily driver as I have daily driven it for the last 3-4 days. The only thing NOT working on this ROM is NFC, which isn’t a huge deal breaker for me since I don’t use NFC much.
What’s amazing about this CM13 ROM is that everything else works flawless and you will be able to fully experience the pure Google Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Even camera for stills and videos work, although for videos you are limited to 1080P.
The ROM also comes with root, you simply need to enable it in developer options. And you can even enable multi-window mode which you can also find in developer options.
Overall, this is one of the better CM13 builds I’ve seen on non Nexus phones so if you like AOSP (What is AOSP?), definitely give it a go this week(end) and do let me know what you think!
Download CM13 ROM for Galaxy Note 4(for SM-G910F or SM-G910G, you can also install on SM-G910T or SM-G910W8 but cellular data will not work.)
Download BLOBS (Install this too!)
- Want Flash Player? See How to Install Flash Player on Android Lollipop!
- Want Xposed for Lollipop? See How to Install Xposed for Android Lollipop!
- If you want some awesome audio, check out Viper4Audio FX MOD, which you can install on this ROM to enhance your music 100%.
- If you want to run your apps in tablet/hybrid/custom DPI mode, see our Xposed App Settings guide.
- Need to run apps that check for root? Check out How to Run Apps that’s don’t run on rooted Android!
- If you want PIE Controls, see our LMT Pie Control guide.
- Missing root? See How to Enable Root on CM12.1!
Q: My 3G/4G LTE data is not working!!!
A: See How to Fix 3G/4G LTE data by Manually Setting APN on Android!
Q: I have no Play Store!
A: Make sure you install Gapps zip file in TWRP or CWM Recovery!!! Download link in this post above.